Your cart is currently empty!
Cove’s Unique Wax Blend for a Great Burning Candle
The combination of coconut wax with soy wax was pioneered by Cove.
Cove’s unique coconut and soy wax blend has a smooth and creamy appearance that provides an excellent fragrance throw.
Coconut wax is made from the oil contained in the flesh of coconuts. This of course is great renewable resource.
Coconut wax is a soft white wax with a low melt point. It really cannot be used on its own because of this soft characteristic, but combined with soy wax makes a brilliant combination. Coconut wax is 100% biodegradable.
Coconut wax softens the soy the wax which in our clear containers means that the “wet look” you sometimes get on the glass with some pure soy wax candles is avoided. This is important in our clear XXL candles where these super large tumblers are a standout in any situation.
Coconut wax improves the shelf life of soy wax as well, so you can keep Cove Candles on hand to have a great gift on hand.
Soy candles are candles made from soy wax, which is a processed from soybean oil. Soy bean is a great renewable resource.
Soy wax is a soft white wax with a medium melt point. It can be used on its own and many candle suppliers do just that. At Cove we combine it with coconut wax that makes a brilliant combination.
Soy wax also creates a large liquid wаx рооl, that promotes an even use of wax across the top and helps with fragrance throw. Soy wax is 100% biodegradable.
- Appearance – Cove coconut and soy wax candles have smooth white lustre. When burning the wax on the surface of the candle melts to the edges, so when you extinguished the flame you are left with a smooth flat finish.
- Fragrance – The coconut and soy wax is odourless, so the fragrance that Cove uses is what you will enjoy. But of course if you like coconut, we have fragrances with a coconut scent.
- Adhesion – Coconut wax combined with soy wax means the wet look that sometimes occur with pure soy wax on the candle glass surface is avoided. This is important in the clear glass candles.
- Extended Burn time – Cove coconut and soy wax candles burn more slowly than other waxes providing great value for money.
- Clean Burn – Cove coconut and soy wax candles burn really clean with very little soot. With the high quality cotton wicks we use, the result is a beautiful burning candle.
- Planet Friendly – Using plant based renewable waxes is good for the planet. Cove does not use palm oil in any of its products.
- Fragrance Friendly – Since coconut wax lowers the temperature of a pure soy wax candle, it provides a superior wax for essential oils and natural fragrance oils.
Cove uses high quality lead free wicks to provide a beautiful burning candle.
Cove’s range of wicks are a flat braid with textile grade cotton specifically designed for natural soy and coconut waxes. They are coated in a high melt wick wax for added stability. The wicks are specifically designed to ‘self trim’ but you need to keep your wicks in good shape.
- Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm.
- Trim wicks when unlit. Do not trim whilst alight.
- Keep the candle out of draughts and away from household items that could catch fire.
- If there is more than one wick, make sure that all wicks are lit.
- If the wick will not stay lit, look to see if the wick has been trimmed too short. Consider removing some wax using a spatula or spoon from the area around the wick.
- Make sure when you light a candle, it has enough time to melt to the edges. In fact avoid lighting a candle if you will need to extinguish it before the wax melts to the edges.
- If the candle comes with a lid, put the lid on after extinguishing the flame. Do not put the lid on whilst the candle is burning.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Place candle on a solid surface where it can accidentally fall.
Cove produces candles in fabulous containers that are simply a standout in any situation. Cove does not put branding on the container so you can enjoy the light of the candle flickering through the container. The detail about the fragrance is on the base warning label.
Recycle or Re-Purpose
When you have finished burning your candle, the containers can simply be recycled. The more elegant containers such as the Carousel Candle container can be repurposed as storage container for household items or used to hold potions and lotions. The XXL Candle container can be used as a vase or hold a smaller candle to protect from the wind outside.
The presentation box that we package our candles in are simple and plain with a removable label. This enables you if you so wish to remove the labels and re-use the boxes for storing household items or to package up gifts. Just a little bit more for the environment.